Thursday, May 26, 2011

Are you one of those people that hears glimpses of what goes on in our world today? Do you tend to only really care about one topic in the news, and don't really want to know the rest?

That's me. That's how I am. 

Sure, we all want to know the weather, sports or the traffic, and no matter what you do, you can't get away from the local "drama". But you can find ways to just read about one specific topic that you may be interested in, without getting mixed up in all of the other news topics. This is my intention -- to focus on the one growing topic that is becoming more of an issue each day.


I'm a Computer Science major and have taken various computer security classes, and because of these, I have a growing interest in keeping up with the goofy stories and news topics that come up including hacking, identity and financial theft, new viruses, etc., all in regards to computer security. To some this may seem like a repetition of what they can read or hear in the news, but I intend on doing my best in trying to also give advice about what you can do to protect yourselves from these types of attacks. They're more common than anyone may really think, so this should be beneficial if anything. So, welcome!

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate to this. I recently had to deal with a virus on my computer called "SystemTool". It tricks you by saying that your computer is infected and you need to buy their product to save your computer. I of course was gullible and bought it, while I really acquired the virus. Now I know better and I will never buy anything unless I know exactly what it is. Making people aware of computer hacking, virus, etc. is a great idea. It's certainly something people need to know about.

    ReplyDelete