Thursday, June 16, 2011

Using Anti-Virus Software

Many people believe that by avoiding downloading things off the internet or by avoiding certain web sites, that they are protecting themselves from having any viruses or threatening software downloaded onto their computer. With doing these types of things, your chances of having a virus or threatening software downloaded onto your computer are lessened, but this doesn't eliminate these chances. Some examples of different anti-virus software include Norton/Symantec, AVG, McAfee, etc. There are some anti-virus software out there that is free to download, while others require you to pay and you get a certain time frame that it will last for before you need to upgrade it.

Do you have anti-virus software on your computer? What kind is it? 

My advice to you: if you don't have anti-virus software on your computer, get on it. And before you just go and download the first thing that comes up on a google search, do your research first. Some software will only cover certain aspects of protecting your computer, so your best bet would be purchasing a top name brand. This way, you are almost positive that you will be covered. I use Norton anti-virus and I have yet to have an issue. I've had it ever since I've gotten a laptop..my junior year in high school, and I've only ever had a virus once that wasn't detected because it took over the anti-virus software. You really won't find one that will do everything and protect you from everything, but having nothing is worse.

8 comments:

  1. I do not have any virus software on my computer because it is a Macbook. When I did have a PC though, I had Norton antivirus and Mcafee installed, but since I don't use a PC anymore, I dont use antivirus software.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have an antivirus software. It is called Malwarebytes. It is a good virus remover and detects most viruses that might be slowing my computer down. I use the free version. I might use the free version of AVG sometimes too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have antivirus software on my labtop. i used to have MCafee, but now i have Norton because it is better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All this talk about virus's and keeping it safe, I thought this blog was about something differently entirely. I don't use any virus software with my mac. Is that safe? When I had a PC i think I used Panda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use McAfee usually. I have never had any problems with McAfee and I find it very important to use an anti-virus software. On my laptop, I use a free version of AVG.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use Norton for anti-virus software.I was able to get it for free through comcast. I used to use McAfee, but it was too expensive. I definitely agree that everyone should have protect on their computer. I got a virus on mine when I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use the free version of Malwarebytes on my computer. So far I have not had any problems.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use Microsoft security essentials, its very light weight!

    ReplyDelete